Thursday, August 22, 2013

Time to start getting ready for Autumn and Winter

I was listening to the local NPR station on my way to work this morning and they were talking about the leaves changing colors and how great is should be this year. While I enjoy the colors of Autumn the story now has me thinking of everything I need to do to prepare for the colder weather.

I still need to finish putting up my insulation in my house and I need to clear out the area where I want to put my firewood. I am hoping to get a layer of gravel down before I start having it delivered. I have a whole list of things that I need or want to get down outside but never seem to have the time to get things done. Some can happen when the weather is cooler so I won't worry about those but there are things like cleaning out the sheds and organizing that I really don't want to do when the temp starts to drop.

So here to spending a few hours on Saturday going around the property and deciding what needs to get down before the weather gets cold and what can wait to be done when the temp drops.

Based on what turns up on my list I might have to see about recruiting people to help. I know a lot of people that would be willing to help just need to get organized so when they show up I have everything needed to get the jobs done and then plan something fun for the evening. It is times when there is a push to get a bunch of stuff done in a short time period when I think about how much easier this would be if I had a partner but then again I don't want to have to rely on someone else to help make my dream a reality but it would be nice to have someone to share the ride.

Well time to get motivated and moving.

Peace,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment