Sunday, September 1, 2013

Plotting and Planning

While sitting here enjoying my coffee I have started to make a list of all the things I need to get finished on my house. To say that there is a lot is an understatement.

There are the basic house building things like insulation, plumbing, wiring and drywall/paneling and siding. There seems to be so much to do and so little time and money to do everything that needs to be done. I think some folks have a glamourized view of living off-grid but do not really understand the reality especially if you are working by yourself with limited funds and time. Then you have all of the day to day work required when you live off-grid that eats up time and money.

So what to do. Winning the lotto would be nice but not a reality so prioritizing, seeking help and trying to find building material used or cheap is the way to make things happen. Asking for help is another thing that some of us need to get used to doing. I am really bad about asking for help but I am usually right there to give it. So might feel out some folks to see about getting help with some of the bigger projects and see if I can line up some help to get things knocked out.

Plotting and planning to try and get things done. I think this calls for another cup of coffee and more list making.

Peace,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment