Saturday, September 21, 2013

Gotta do it...organizing the office.

You know how there always seems to be one project that you always keep putting off either because there are more important or fun ones to work on first. Well that describes me and organizing my office.

I think part of the issue is I work in an office and am always dealing with paper and files and organizing so I just don't want to do it when I get home. Also I really rather be outside or reading a good book instead of shuffling papers. I keep telling myself that when it is done I won't have to do it again but I just cannot seem to convince myself.

Well today is the day to take back my office. To clean and organize so I can finally say it is done and I will be able to locate files, receipts and manuals. I am afraid that when I moved I just kind of dumped everything in the room and left it. When I was on the Board and an officer for Wisteria I had those files/papers organized. It was easy when it was for others such as what I was doing to Wisteria but I could rationalize not working on my files because it was only my files and no one relied on my being able to get my hands on things quickly. But I realized that I relied on being able to get my hands on things and that I was putting others before myself.

So since the beginning of the year I have been focusing on the things I need to do for myself and this is just one more area and an area that I have been putting off for a long time. So the weather is going to help keep me indoors as according to the radar it is going to be raining until after 2:00pm and this will be the perfect time to take on the office. I have started the process by pulling everything out of the file cabinet and other places I have stuck things. I am going to make a fresh pot of coffee and just start with a pile and go from there.

Not as fun as other projects I have done while living off-grid but still a necessary one.

Peace,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment