Sunday, October 20, 2013

Every day chores that I tend to forget about.

There seems to be certain times of the year that I end of forgetting to focus on the regular every day type chores, like cleaning my house. Don't get me wrong it is not a pig pen or really gross or anything. I just tend to let things pile up on the table and cabinets or I don't dust or sweep as much as I probably should. I then have to take a weekend to clean and put things in their places. I wish I could say this is a byproduct of living off-grid but I was like this before. I was really hoping I would change the bad habit once I moved. No such luck.

Some times I wonder if I am the only one that tends to do this. At this time of the year I really want to be outside enjoying the last of the nice weather and to get things buttoned down for the winter months. Then I realize that I have a huge pile of books, mail and other things on the desk in the office and I cannot get anything done because I cannot find anything, even the top of the desk. So I have to stop and take the time to get things cleaned up and put away.

I know that doing this ends of taking up more time than it would if I just put things away in the first place. But when the sun is shining and the weather is great there seems to be an evil fairy talking in my ear telling me to go outside and work as I can always clean and put things away in the house when the weather is bad.

I am going to really try to change this habit over the next month. My goal is going to be to try to put things away as they come in the house, to put things where they belong and not on the table and to put books back on the shelves when I am finished. I think if I start putting habits I have for doing projects outside toward the every day chores I might be able to get control of my bad habit of putting off chores when the sun is shining and the weather is great.

So wish me luck.

Peace,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment